Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Blog Love: Intertwyned


Meet Cecile of Intertwyned.

What does Cecile have to say about herself?
I always liked tinkering with things but never thought of myself as very patient. When I met my best friend Jamie, she woke a sleeping beast..... She was a self taught crocheter and I recalled learning how to knit in middle school in Sweden. We discovered that the way I knew how to knit was different from the American way of knitting, but the results are the same, go figure!

When I moved from Colorado to Alabama in 2010, I figured it would be too hot to knit. I needed a new hobby. Someone suggested earrings but I just couldn't see myself capable of creating such small and delicate items. It just so happened I was in Michael's craft store one day and instead of going straight to the yarn section like I usually do, I took a detour through the bead aisle. Talk about sensory overload! I wanted to buy the whole store. I was so overwhelmed by all the pretty that I just walked away from it empty handed. I went home and did my research and once I knew what kind of materials, findings and beads to look for, I returned with a shopping list.


Now I enjoy making unique earrings that are comfortable and light (no one wants split earlobes, ladies. It just isn't cute)


I LOVE to travel and I have seen so many pretty places around the world. I draw inspiration for my earrings and knits from places, colors and impression of places I have been so that my buyer can bring a piece of the world home or wear it.
What can you find on Cecile's blog and Etsy shop?

 
 
 


To learn more about Cecile's work, please visit her blog or her Etsy shop!

If you're interested in having your blog featured, list your blog 
url on our Etsy team discussion here.


XOXO,

2 comments:

mpmi said...

Hey I wanted to invite you to my blog party tomorrow. Hope you can make it.

Robert Trujillo/Tres said...

Dope style!! Feelin it!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails