Monday, March 9, 2009

Spotlight On...



Lynda Zamora of
Armando Javier Design


Tell us a little bit about who you are and your life up to this point in time.
I Lynda Zamora, a single Mom, working two jobs to stay in the same place. One son, who is a genius and handsome. Education in many trades, but my passion is fashion design work in wearable art.

Besides your fantasy creative life, what else are you doing currently?
I work in Information Technology during the day. Its an ok job, it pays the bills and the people for the most part are pleasant.

What do you offer in your Etsy Shop?
Leather handbags that are fun and funky, wearable art and of course the famous ‘Obama Makes History” bag

Where do you create?
Inside my head, my entire house, my living room, my office, my studio

Where do you get your inspiration from?
Fashion, and watching what women carry.

How did you learn how to do your craft?
All Mexican women are born with a sewing machine in hand! Seriously, I learned my skills from my mother.

How do you promote your wares?
I do art shows, and recently, I got my work into Ebony Magazine, network, network, network.

What has been the most important lesson you've learned since you started selling your own creations?
Be ready, be organized, presentation is everything, excellent customer service.

Is there any advice you can give others who are just starting out?
Be patient, believe in yourself, understand that many ‘no’s’ get you closer to a ‘yes’

Do you have any favorite Etsy artists you'd like to promote here?
I have two etsy artists, that I just love: UrbanHeirlooms.etsy.com and SewlutionsbyAmo.etsy.com

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails