Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Blog Love: Stone and Bone


Meet Puakea, known to most as Pk, of Stone & Bone.

What does Pk have to say about herself?
I was born and raised in a sleepy little town called Hilo, on the Big Island of Hawaii, smack right in the middle of the Pacific ocean. Stone & Bone, is my love child. Everyone who knows me, knows that creating beautiful handmade jewelry and painting Hawaii’s beautiful landscape is my passion. Since I've been doing this for as long as I can remember.
My idea of all things handmade comes with a purpose, as well as practicality. If not, well, why do it. I'm most excited about designing wire wrapped and bead embroidered ethnic jewelry and accessories for both men and women, as well as making old vintage jewelry fashionable again. Creating anything with up-cycled discarded items, gives me such a creative rush. It pushes and challenges the artist craftsman to rethink, reestablish, and most of all really get inspired about the world around me, especially due to the fact that I believe in being eco friendly and going green in whatever way possible.
I also love the many native cultures that make me who I am, so I use nature as well as native tribal heritage to inspire and lend to my pieces. Knowing everything has a story, everything comes from the source, and there's no separating that, gives me a sense of pure joy to be apart of life’s magic evolution.
Stone & Bone, http://www.stoneandbone.etsy.com is pure essence to me, I love bridging the past with the future, native style with urban panache, which birthed a style all it's own, I like to call it Tribal Chic. I myself love to mix and match trends, styles, and cultures, borrowing from her, taking from there, and who knows what I'll come up with next. All I do know is I'm truly having fun doing it., and meeting a lot of wonderful people in the process. 
What can you expect to find on Pk's blog?
Loads of fabulously created jewelry...

 
 
 
 
 

...and Etsy treasuries, featured artists, and the motivations behind her Tribal Chic philosophy!

To learn more about Pk's work, please visit her blog or her Etsy shop!

If you're interested in having your blog featured, list your blog 
url on our Etsy team discussion here.
 
XOXO,

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails